Silverstar Casino loves having Col’Cacchio as a tenant. Not only have they won Best Pizzeria in the Best of Joburg awards 2019, but they have also hosted the Celebrity Chef Showdown for a full decade.
Since 2009 the Celebrity Chef Series has raised over R2-million for charitable causes through the R5 donation from the sale of every Celebrity Chef pizza sold during the promotion each year. Funds raised through the 2019 campaign will be donated to the Children’s Hospital Trust, fundraiser for the Red Cross War Memorial Children’s Hospital, which treats children from around the country as well as kids from all over Africa.
The 2019 edition of this pizza promotion features limited-edition signature pizzas created by YouTube sensation, Suzelle DIY; international celeb chef, Lorna Maseko and rapper Kwesta, whose sidekick in the showdown is his vibrant daughter, Khai Vilakazi.
- Spanakopizza: Spinach and tomato base, mozzarella, spinach and feta mix, spring onion, Fior Di Latte mozzarella, phyllo-pastry crunch
- Lorna’s D’lite: Discovery Vitality HealthyDining “lite” pizza with tomato base, mozzarella, chicken, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, pickled jalapeno and avo served with a light salad
- Kwesta DaKhai: Tomato base, mozzarella, green pepper, onion, Russian sausages, pepperoni and more.
The Celeb Chef pizza range is available until 30 November at all Col’Cacchio stores in SA and Namibia.
- Order your favourite Celebrity Chef pizza from 27 September to 30 November and stand a chance to WIN a 7 Night, 5 Star luxury European river cruise. You also stand a chance of winning one of the exclusive, celeb-signed pizza boxes when ordering through Mr D.
“I am completely thrilled to be participating in this amazing initiative and to be doing it with my daughter Khai has made it even more special. The Kwesta DaKhai is definitely the kind of pizza that we would go for. We wanted to create a signature pizza that would appeal to the masses with the aim to raise as much as we could for the Children’s Hospital Trust who continue to do such remarkable work,” explains Kwesta.
Lorna Maseko had this to say about participating in the promo: “When Col’Cacchio approached me to be part of this campaign I jumped at the opportunity. Giving back has always been at the core of who I am. Therefore, combining the two things I absolutely love – food and giving back – was just a no brainer! I hope we raise tons of money for the Red Cross Children’s Hospital because they continue to do amazing work in Cape Town.”
Suzelle DIY shared her vibrant view on getting a ‘pizza’ this campaign: “I’m so excited to be a part of the Col’Cacchio Celebrity Chef Showdown! I have loved every minute of it – creating a delicious pizza recipe, meeting the Col’Cacchio team and the other amazing celebrities of course! But most of all, I’m so happy to be supporting the Red Cross Children’s Hospital – they do such amazing work and they are one of my favourite charities. So please go to Col’Cacchio and order the Spanakopizza guys! It’s seriously DIY-licious!”
Anneke Potgieter, Director of Operations and Complex General Manager at Silverstar Casino commented: “When our tenants create campaigns which include this kind of generous element, we are always willing to show our support and hope our guests do too.”
For more info visit www.colcacchio.co.za or hop onto their social media platforms:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ColCacchio/
- Twitter: @ColCacchio
- Instagram: @colcacchio
- Hashtag: #pizza4good